It’s time for our quick Sunday recap of the week! This week we learned some more facts about WrestleMania matches, and some injury stuff, so let’s start on Monday.
- Having heard about Luke Harper’s injury, PWinsider have let us know that his injury could be more serious than first suggested, meaning that he’ll be out for up to six months with a bad knee. This is bad luck for the Wyatt family gimmick, especially with Bray unable to wrestle due to a back injury, and leaves their future as a faction somewhat uncertain.
- The Intercontinental Title match has been announced for WrestleMania, and to no one’s surprise, it’s a ladder match. Kevin Owens will defend his title again Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, The Miz, Stardust, Sin Cara and Zack Ryder. This seven-man match may have other entrants later, but it may stay as it is, as the extraneous members of the roster will be needed for the battle royal
- Speaking of, Kane and Big Show put in their appearances to let us know they’ll be showing up for the Andre the Giant Memorial match, as well as the Social Outcasts. That’s all, so far
- Chris Jericho and AJ Styles will take their feud to WrestleMania in a match we’ve basically seen too many times already. But okay.
- The match between Shane McMahon and The Undertaker at WrestleMania has more implications now, as if Undertaker does not take the win then he will have to retire, putting even more clauses into a match that was already born of one and the spawning father of many. They’re just trying to use this to distract us from the main event now, aren’t they?
- Roman Reigns doesn’t let Steph McMahon slap him anymore, and has now started pulling her husband out of cars to beat the hell out of him. More on this later, I presume.
- More set up for the Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Sasha match, but nothing actually added, just keeping us interested.
- Dean Ambrose got ‘this is boring’ chants. That shouldn’t be allowed – the booking of him against Braun Strowman was a poor idea and didn’t work. Let’s hope a lesson has been learned.
Onto SmackDown now, to see what the shorter show can offer us in terms of plot development.
- Charlotte wants to end the diva’s revolution, and prattled on about that until Sasha came out for a match with her, with Becky Lynch on commentary – even more set up for their match in Dallas.
- Apparently the match between The New Day and the League of Nations is no longer for the tag team titles – we’ve not got any more info on this, but it’s no longer being advertised as such.
- Bubba Ray trash talks Samoan wrestlers for no real reason, after beating The Ascension, to set up for the feud against The Usos, and then ended up in a match with Roman Reigns, where the strong and silent persona they’re trying to push beat the hell out of the old man. Okay then.
- Zack Ryder pulled a Rough Ryder on Kevin Owens and it was beauty to behold.
- More playing up for the Kalisto vs. Ryback match for the United States Title at WrestleMania, but I’m still not into it.
- Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman showed up to make a buck, the Wyatts interrupted, then Dean showed up with a kendo stick and it devolved into chaos. Obviously Lesnar took everyone down.
So that’s our week! Did we miss anything, or is there some recent news we haven’t picked up on? Let us know in the comments.